I was deeply affected by Sandy Hook due to memories and attachments to places and people involved. I had then been outraged, like every decent human in the world that Westboro Baptist wasthreatening protests and funeral appearances, but....
my article I wrote for examiner.com pointed out the obvious:
- Westboro Baptist Church have disgusting viewpoints.
- Those viewpoints are completely Christian.
- That Christians who are decent folks are always trying to pretend that the Bible is something it really isn't, NICE, HUMANE, KIND, LOVING, and all other positive things that Christians want to believe.
- That Westboro Baptist is REAL Christianity: Cruel, bigotted, vindictive and viscious.
- That the Holy Bible makes plain it's hatred for gays and women and it makes no sense for gays and women to want to be Christian, it is masochistic.
- That gays and women are lying to themselves anytime they pretend the Christian god loves or supports them. The Bible makes it plain, he does not.
- That Westboro Baptists belief that God causes atrocious acts are more in keepng with the Holy Bible than not.
- I quoted the Bible thoroughly to defend my position.
- I implored all decent people to be proud of themselves and not accept the cultural norm that hates them, gays for who they love, and women for being curious and not be slaves.
This got me fired.
This is the entirity of the explanation:
Upon reviewing your most recent article, our staff conducted a full review of your work. Unfortunately, when taking into account your editorial direction, writing style (more appropriate for a personal blog) and writing quality, we can no longer consider you a good fit moving forward.
Thanks,Logan Lloyd | Sr. Manager of Content and Media Access
303.291.8869 | 303.291.8869 | 303.291.8869 | 303.291.8869 | Follow us on: Facebook| Twitter | Pinter
est | TumblrWhat’s your thing? Become an Examiner today and share at examiner.com/joinThis message and its attachments are confidential and intended for the use of the addressee. Any unauthorized dissemination, copying, or distribution of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please delete the original message and all attachments and notify the sender at the above-listed e-mail address.
So....hmmmmmmmm...naturally I could not allow these people to both censor me and have complete privacy while doing it, so visualize one well manicured middle finger pointing upwards, alone, while I pasted the above into this blog. After all, he did say that was what my work was more suited to, right?
Get this, though, I do not have a single final draft of the offending article. I am asking anyone who read it in the brief time before it was removed to be kind enough to send it to me .
In the interim I am playing with the rough drafts until I get it right, or wrong....whatever.